Wednesday, December 6, 2006

My Very First Blogrant (pronounced Blow-grant)

So, I've been wondering, is there a time in your life when you're obligated to become interested in politics? I mean frankly, at this point in my life, I feel like I should be interested, but I'm not. Do you think that we've gone too far in making politicians look like ordinary people? Don't you think that the people who shape the government (and supposedly the world) should be extraordinary people? I think that I personally would much rather have someone I can get behind because he is smart and forward-thinking but elitist than someone who I might have seen in the urinal next to me. When you look back in history, you don't think, "Wow, that George Washington guy was a great leader and visionary, but he didn't even wear the same hair and teeth as everyone else, I wouldn't have voted for him."
I'm digressing. Let's look at George Bush. He went to an Ivy League school (purported to harbor only the greatest minds in America), and his dad was the President. So I'm supposed to believe he's just like me? That's ridiculous. I don't believe that nor do I want to. So why is it whenever I see him talk I'm embarassed to have him representing our country? Why is it that he is constantly either mispronouncing or misusing words? THE MAN HAS SOMEONE WHO WRITES HIS SPEECHES! Am I supposed to believe he can't read? HE CANNOT EVEN PRONOUNCE NUCLEAR CORRECTLY! He is the leader of the country that has (most likely) enough nuclear weapons to blow up the entire world! HAS NO ONE ASKED HIM TO PERHAPS PRONOUNCE IT NOT LIKE A MORON? This leads me to believe that he is purposely saying it wrong. So either he is a too stubborn to admit that he says it wrong, or statistics show that we actually want a President who comes off as ignorant. In my mind the latter makes more sense. The former seems unlikely seeing that adaptation is key in maintaining a presence in politics. Do we really need to relate to our President? Am I worried that I might feel out of place if we were to meet in public? The ramifications leave me dumbfounded.

"and then the Dementors came in..."

1 comment:

the sharpe said...

I have a few problems with you're post. For one, your completely retardad with the fact that you spelled newcular wrong. Also, prezident Bush has BIE FAR enough nuwkes to explode the world!

Redneck Pat